Indian Management Education: Towards Next Horizon
“Collaborating Strategy between Industry and Academia”
CINQUE has conducted one of its kind Industry-Academia conference, “Indian Management Education: Towards Next Horizon (Collaborating Strategy between Industry and Academia)”at The Indian International Centre. With a clear focus on ensuring that Academia and Industry work together like partners rather as than adversaries, the Conference is committed to come up with an implementable agenda and ensure periodic reviews with all stake-holders to ensure the continuity of the exercise.
A closer look at the management schools throws an interesting pattern where B-Schools are more concerned about the number of students graduating rather than their quantity. Corporates also spend significant time, energy and resources to make this talent pool worth contributing. So, the need of the hour is to devise strategies to overcome this shortcoming.
The Key speakers of the conference included:
- Padmashri Dr Pritam Singh, (CEO-Lead Center and Ex-Director IIM-Lucknow, MDI) who has kindly consented to be the Conference Patron.
- Mr S. Y. Siddiqui (Chief Mentor – Maruti Suzuki India Limited)
- Mr Manoj Kohli, Keynote speaker (Executive Chairman SoftBank Energy)
- Mr Arun Malhotra, Guest of Honour (MD, Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd.) and,
- Dr H. Chaturvedi (Alternate President-EPSI and Director-BIMTECH)
The four broad themes which the Conference endeavours to address in the field of Industry-Academia collaboration are:
- Architecting and designing relevant and cutting edge curriculum.
- Honing effective Industry Interface to increase the Employability of Indian B-School students
- Leveraging technology to encompass larger segment by overcoming demographic and geographic barriers.
- Adopting Gen-Z relevant cutting edge pedagogical tools