With the aim of keeping the learning mission in loop through practical acquaintances, Placement Week 2 was orchestrated between 9/10/17 and 13/10/17. Thanks to the stupendous efforts of IILM’s management in tandem with CDC, notable speakers from diverse industries agreed to interact with future managers about the expected contemporary & future industry requirements. The week also focused on imparting and harnessing skills that add up in making a high performing candidate at the time of recruitment. There is no refuting the fact that improved knowledge coupled with managerial skills increase the chances of placement manifold. Consequently, the entire week was drafted to align academic knowledge with recruitment pre-requisites.
All the sessions were extremely informative and directed at creating real time placement situation for the maximum benefit of the attendees. History is corroborative of the fact that practice fosters perfection. Some pertinent highlights in achieving the level of perfection during the remarkable week are summed up below:
- Introduction to internships: The week kick started with the lead of placement cell elaborating about the several internship avenues and stressing on the importance of finding the right company for training.
- Session on excel & resume building: A resume gives a bird’s eye view of the potential employee’s background and much more. Thus, it could be inferred that the resume must abide by the accepted standard as it makes a first impression. It is equally important to brush up excel skills to upgrade one’s operational proficiency.
- Session on adapting to workplace: An astute employee knows the importance of mixing with the corporate environment. A session was thus conducted that envisaged on delivering tips & techniques to perform smartly at workplace.
- Group discussion (GD)& personal interviews (PI): As a mandate, every organization conducts a GD & PI to scan to best fit for their company. This gives them a chance to understand an applicant from different viewpoints. It was thus an integral component of the placement week schedule and was aptly conducted by able faculties.
- Session on pathways: Changing trends call for clever actions to make the best use of the approaching opportunities. A session introducing ‘pathways’ was planned to apprise student about the mix of subjects they can choose to get the best out of their specialization(s).
- Alumni on campus: Thanks to the amount of efforts IILM put in every student, it is certain that our esteem alumnus are bound to showcase them and take the college pride to the next level. Sessions by alumnus captivated attention and managed to engage maximum students.
In totality, the objective of delivering meaningful information through well conducted sessions was adequately achieved. The Placement Week ended positively and marked the beginning of Diwali break with happy faces exchanging wishes with each other in advance.