‘’Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the Life you have imagined.’’ David Thoreau
Why do young students aspire to be part of a Top B-School? Do you remember the first time you were inspired to make it big in the corporate world? As a professor on the Industry track at IILM I am always amazed by the aspirations, enthusiasm that the bright young students bring to B-School when they step in at IILM – starry-eyed, big dreams! At IILM we try and give shape to these dreams, getting them ready for their next leap towards a successful career.
The first Job from campus is always the most cherished one and I still remember the day when I received multiple job offers during the two day placement season at the B-School campus placements during my MBA back in 2003. The year was still a recovery phase in several sectors as the economy was recovering from the Dot-com bubble burst in the year 2001. Circa 2020 and we are in the middle of looking up to the new normal that beckons at fresh graduates wanting to join the Economy in June – August Season. At IILM we believe in working with loads of passion for the students’ careers. A testimony to the statement can be found in the way the students and faculty mentors have engaged beyond the classrooms to get a whopping 430+ Job Offers including 225 Job Offers at IILM GSM Campus as part of the final placement cycle that turned out to be a success (sans the impact of COVID in Mid-March 2020). We would like to keep this article as a testimony to the hours spent in making the twines meet and for the future batches at IILM in the new normal (Post-COVID)
- Bringing attention from 150+ Companies: IILM believes and works in student based principles. Based on the emerging trends picked up during interactions with the students, the placement team has interacted with over 180+ companies during the run-up to the placement season beginning Early September 2019.
- Great Candidates find a way to their dreams: The graduating batch saw several examples where students lived up to the challenge to find a way to landing their dream jobs in companies starting with Consulting Companies such as Deloitte, EY, CIAN Analytics, Benchmarking Six Sigma to the FMCG Majors and Retail such as Marico, ITC Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser Plc, Café Coffee Day, Colgate, Khimji Ramdas. The season continued to see a steady upswing in high CTC job offers from EdTech Majors with Byju’s (Think & Learn Pvt Ltd), LIDO Learning picking up students. New Sectors Companies included Square Yards, Future Generali, PhonePe, Wedding Wires, Regalo Kitchen. The BFSI Sector covering HDFC Bank, HDFC Ltd, ICICI Bank, IDFC First Bank, Axis Bank, Bandhan Bank made a significant impact on campus with more than 60 offers at Greater Noida and 120+ across NCR. The complete list can be accessed at http://www.iilmgsm.ac.in/about-placements/. This is also testimony to the HR professionals who have extended their working hours to conclude placement processes at IILM as part of their recruitment calendars. We wish to extend gratitude for their support
- Salaries are an Outcome of the Roles: Salaries have gone up by 20% in several companies while the average salaries in the Top 50 percentile of Job Offers for the graduating batch also went up by 25%. This year also saw a new maximum of 8 international job offers for Team Leadership Roles. Based on the needs of the industry, CDC Team has continued to meet with stakeholders in the industry from August last year until the COVID lockdown stopped us in our tracks in ides of March. IILM spent over 2000+ man-hours in engaging with the companies to review the student resumes and select the best possible jobs for the students.
All this would not be possible without the tireless efforts of placement team, students and faculty mentors who to spend additional several hours guiding the students with the necessary skill sets that will make them industry-ready.
- Student’s Goals: Placement cell engages the students directly in placement oriented activities that allow them to have a very direct understanding of the requirements in the companies as well as mapping the dream companies from the student’s journey from the first year into the second year post their internship. IILM strong focus on benchmarking its pedagogy with the best B-Schools provides the students with an ambient ecosystem for scaling up their skill sets to the next level.
- Prepare, Prepare and Prepare: Every dream company on a student journey starts with a plan. At IILM, the placement team engages with the companies around the year through industry sessions from stalwarts in the industry beginning with the orientation course, the industry http://www.iilmgsm.ac.in/event/national-seminar-skills-employment-for-industry-4-0/ ; Principle of Responsible Management (PRME) and several more sessions through placement workshops which provide the building blocks for all students to listen and network with professionals, enhance their grasp of the industry. Students are also part of several club activities including a vibrant Student Committee on Placements (SCOP 2020) which worked with placement manager and placement heads to bring hundreds of job profiles that bring joy to the eyes of the students who believe they can be part of the India growth story.
IILM is a microcosm of One India covering the 18 states and over the last two years that the students have spent on campus preparing themselves for the job roles, we are more than happy to have been able to connect students with a company that becomes their new launchpad for their long career road map ahead.
To learn more about such trending content keep visiting this site.
Do share, like and comment in the box below