IILM observed the “Placements Week” from the 24th to 27th of August 2015 for the post graduate students from all three campuses. Various companies from across sectors were invited to deliver their Pre Placement talks and share their interview processes along with the job profiles available. The exercise was intended for the companies to be able to interact with the students and the students to gain greater insights about these companies, the job profiles on offer and their respective selection process. The event was fruitful for both the students and the companies.
The week saw companies like Samsung, Vodafone, Blackrock, Cargill, J K Cement, Ernst and Young, Capital IQ, Deloitte, Adglobal 360, Publicis Group etc. deliver their presentations. Many start up companies like Urban Clap, V Resorts, SmartWords, Flexipass and Finalytics came on campus. This helped the students gain a holistic view of all the sectors in a concentrated form, so that they could identify and sort companies in order to make themselves better prepared for the upcoming placement interviews.
This year, apart from the existing recruiters, the focus was on reaching out to the Alumni based in various companies. Around 8 Alumni Members had participated in the Placement Week. They also offered to interact with the students who were interested in a follow up sessions. The placement team has been able to reach out to many new companies through references from our Alumni base. We intend to keep enhancing the interaction and involvement of our Alumni base in placement related activities.
The eminent delegates from the respective organizations who all visited and briefed the students were:
- Mr Rahul Sachdev (University Alliance program Manager) from SAP
- Mr Sagar Gupta (Account Manager), and Ms Garima Sareen (Account Manager), from Ad Global 360
- Mr Raghu Raj Rathore and Mr Rahul Arora (Entrepreneur) from Smarstward
- Mr Rajender Birla (Managing Director) from Finalytics Consultancy
- Mr Atul Singh (Assistant Manager-CE-Biz) from Samsung
- Mr Pankaj Gupta (Founder and MD) from Flexipass
- Ms Arti Chopra (Sr Manager-HR) from Zenith Optimedia
- Mr Abhay Tamaria (Co-Founder) from Red Carpet