THEME:-LEARN IN INDIA – LEARN FOR THE WORLD
Students of IILM Institute for Business and Management attended the global conference & exhibition at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi. The conference was organized by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry(FICCI) in partnership with Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. More than 1000 national and international delegates including Indian and foreign University Presidents, Vice Chancellors and Deans participated for deliberations on Future of higher education. Participation from 60 plus countries from EU, UK, Canada, USA, Africa, Middle East, SAARC, CIS etc.
The program started with the distribution of green card certificate to the guests followed by special address in the following manner:
- Mr Harshavardhan Neotia, President, FICCI(Welcome Address)
- Dr Rajan Saxena, Chairman, FICCI(Theme Address)
- Ms Martine Reicherts, Director general, EU, Education & Culture(Special Address)
- Ms Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of state for commerce & industry, Gol(Ministerial Address)
- Mr N.Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister, Andhra Pradesh(Keynote Address)
- Mr Sudhanshu(Concluding Address)
The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh “Mr N.Chandrababu Naidu” was the key note speaker of the summit who claimed to achieve largest higher education market by year 2025 and wish India to be one of the top 10 countries for education of students. He claims that the principle goal of the summit is to do promote new steps rather than repeating old ones. He claims education is key for:
- Wealth creation
- Poverty eradication
- Value promotion
According to a survey by British Council,
- By 2025, India will have the best domestic Higher Education and India will be the 2nd largest supplier of International students.
- India will have a position among the top 10 host countries for International Students.
- Education is the key to wealth creation , civilisation and eradication of poverty.
- FICCI and CII are involved in the continuous promotion of Human Resource Development.
- In the current 4th Industrial revolution of technology and Internet of Things , IT is the main asset India currently possesses.
- Education Institutes in India are focusing on delivering applied knowledge in the form of research projects , Field etc.
- Among Top 10 Educational Institutes in India 3 are from Andhra Pradesh Also the first University to get International Ranking is from AP.
- India is the single largest provider of global talent, with one in four graduates in the world being a product of the Indian education system
- Major challenges – Student teacher ratio , Capacity building ,incubation centres funding and digitalisation.
- 2 MOU’s signed with Government AP –One for opening an Engineering College and One For setting up a FICCI centre of Excellence in Amravati.
Mr.Sudhanshu Pandey (Joint secretry- Ministry Of Commerce)
“Education cannot be stolen by a Thief
Education cannot be acquired by a King
Nor can it be divided among Brothers.”
- Globalisation means taking the best services in every way.
- To become a responsible supplier of education , we need to improve on -State of education in the country & Recognition of Institutes and Courses
- Industrialists need to contribute to the development of Higher Education.
- If we give education to others – it multiplies and even we learn more.