Why B-Tech in Biotechnology:
Application of Biotechnology Engg. in Industry:
The Biotech. engineering is applied in vast and spans several industries. For instance, pharmaceutical companies rely on biotechnology engineers to develop and improve drug production processes, enhance the efficacy of medicines, and discover new therapies. Biotechnology engineers also play a crucial role in the agricultural sector by developing genetically modified crops, improving crop yields, and creating sustainable farming practices. In the environmental sector, they contribute to the development of bioremediation techniques for pollution control and the production of biofuels to reduce carbon emissions.
Skills & Competencies of Biotechnology Engineering:
- Genetic Engineering: You’ll gain expertise in manipulating genetic material to create genetically modified organisms (GMOs) with desired traits, such as disease resistance or increased productivity.
- Bioprocess Engineering: This field focuses on developing efficient processes for large-scale production of biological products, such as vaccines, enzymes, and biofuels.
- Bioinformatics: You’ll learn how to analyze and interpret biological data using computational tools, which is crucial for genetic sequencing, drug discovery, and personalized medicine.
- Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering: You’ll explore the development of materials and techniques for creating artificial organs, prosthetics, and regenerative medicine solutions.
- Analytical Techniques: This course will equip you with skills in various laboratory techniques, including DNA sequencing, chromatography, spectrometry, and cell culture, enabling you to conduct advanced research and analysis.
Scope of B.Tech in Biotechnology Engineering:
Biotechnology engineers have numerous career opportunities in sectors such as pharmaceuticals, healthcare, agricultural biotechnology, environmental conservation, research and development, etc. They usually work as research scientists, process engineers, product development specialists, quality assurance managers, and regulatory affairs officers in organizations ranging from biotechnology companies and pharmaceutical firms to research institutes and government agencies.
Additionally, with the rise of entrepreneurship and start-ups in the biotechnology sector, B.Tech graduates can also explore the option of launching their own ventures and contributing to innovation and technological advancements.
Biotechnology Engineering Salary:
|2021||16 LPA||8 LPA|
|2022||18 LPA||8 LPA|
Elegibiity for Biotechnology Engineering
Career Opportunities After Biotechnology Engineering:
- Research Scientist: Conduct research, design experiments, and develop new technologies in the field of biotechnology.
- Process Engineer: Optimize and improve manufacturing processes for the production of bio-pharmaceuticals, enzymes, and other biological products.
- Quality Assurance Manager: Ensure compliance with regulatory standards and maintain quality control in biotechnology processes and products.
- Bioinformatics Specialist: Analyze biological data using computational tools and develop algorithms for genetic sequencing, drug discovery, and data interpretation.
- Biomedical Engineer: Design and develop medical devices, prosthetics, and artificial organs to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Agricultural Biotechnologist: Work on crop improvement, genetic engineering of plants, and sustainable agricultural practices.
- Environmental Biotechnologist: Develop bioremediation techniques, microbial fuel cells, and biofuels to address environmental challenges.
Fee and Scholarship:
|Year 1||1.75 Lakh||7 Lakh|
|Year 2||1.75 Lakh|
|Year 3||1.75 Lakh|
|Year 4||1.75 Lakh|
Scholarship:MBA students can get 10-40% of fee concession at IILM University here’s the detail about the scholarships:
|100%||95%+ in 10+2|
|50%||90%-94.99% in 10+2|
|30%||86%-89.99% in 10+2|
|20%||76%-85.99% in 10+2|
|10%||75%-75.99% in 10+2|